Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Bangladesh concert

Hi, I’m Ikeda as a volunteer for A.P.F.S. On November 6th I went to a concert with the representative Mr. Kato. The concert was held by Uttoron, a Bangladesh culture group in Japan.


Most of the audience was Bangladesh. I felt as if I were in a foreign country because of some women with the beautiful ethnic costumes or the speaking voice in a foreign language. On that day it was an Islamic holiday, so I often heard people said “Eid Mubarak!” (the greeting for the holiday).

The concert was consisted of Bangladesh ethnic songs, dances, and a drama. They showed Japanese translation on the screen. It helped us easily to understand the lyrics. They sang various songs from a famous singer’s song in Bangladesh to a Japanese traditional song “Yagi-bushi”. Not only the traditional dances and instruments of Bangladesh, but also surge of excitement coming from the audience gave a tremendous boost to the concert.

In this year, Uttoron has their 23rd concert. I am really amazed at knowing it. I hope the concert to continue into the future.