Thursday, May 12, 2011

The article from one volunteer (Ms. Nagashima)


In A.P.F.S. , various volunteers join activities. Here is the article of one volunteer. 

Its been passed 7 years since I knew the Immigration Bureau. I saw the letter which was written by the foreigner who had been deported in the eastern Japan entrance center. I read a few letters written in French, and I got shocked that there is such a place in the developed country. There are many people who are deported for a long time and get sick just because of overstay. They need to prepare for a lot of money and get through complicated procedure to get provisional release status. Even if they get provisional release status, they are not allowed to work. They might be put in custody again. 


At that time, I often saw the news about the ship which is filled with many African people arrived at the beach in Italy. Some people became a statistic. In Paris, there are often demonstrations by undocumented foreigners. However, in Japan, there are few people who know the Immigration Bureau even if there are many Foreigners . Therefore, probably most people dont understand what I am talking about. 

However, in Suginami where I live, the consultations for foreigners was held for free. I feel the government starts getting involved in this problem little by little.

I live in Japan with NGO like APFS, so I'm going to try to listen to foreigners suffering who live in Japan to understand each other.